Monday, September 8, 2008

A weekend with Holly


Holly came by this weekend and helped me out..big time. She had a list of things that I should register for before the new arrival in January. If you know me at all, you know I hate to shop. But, with Holly helping out (or practically doing it) it went pretty smoothly. She would hold up things and say "you need this" and I would point the registry gun and put it on the registry. No questions asked. If you haven't done this before, it truly is a daunting task. Plus, the Babies R Us staff weren't too readily available to answer any questions. Thank God for the Baby Bargains book. So, the registries are pretty much complete. Let's just hope the kid likes the things I picked out. Every baby needs a plush octopus, right?


Holly and I also went to visit our 96 year old granny who is in a nursing home. When Holly asked granny for any name suggestions. Granny replied, "Whatever you do don't name the baby Steve." For those of you who don't know, my dad is Steve, my cousin is Steve and my husband is Steve. Granny doesn't want any more Steves in her life. I told her not to worry there will be no Steve Juniors coming.


The pic shows my belly at 22 weeks.

1 comment:

Jim and Claire said...

We are exactly the same, timing-wise. So funny! I think I've gained more than you, though....