Friday, September 26, 2008

Ovarian Cancer 5K


Every year since 2001 Steve and I have run in an Ovarian Cancer 5k in honor of my mom. It's a great course and raises funds for research and treatment. Between the both of us we must have at least 6 trophies! Since I am a bit bigger than previous years, I decided to take it easy this year and walk it. Steve ran his heart out which earned him 2nd place in his age group. Yeah daddy Steve!


We always get our usual bunch together to form Carole's Crew. Last year was the first time I actually made t-shirts for all of us. We were grateful this year for Jason and Richard for joining us. We would have had more but it was a busy wedding and birthing weekend. Hopefully we'll get more people for Carole's Crew next year. Steve already volunteered to push the baby in the stroller so I can run. The sad thing is, he'll probably still be faster than me even while pushing the baby!


Check out some pics from the race and apple picking: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30481680@N03/sets/72157607530368231/

No comments: