Saturday, January 2, 2010

Vacation Week




I not only love vacations because I don't have to go to work but I get to spend some quality time with Lucas. We didn't see too much of Steve this week....he worked more than 50 hours of overtime! Yes, you read that correctly. Needless to say Lucas and I did not get to see Steve much at all.

I brought Lucas to Target to get his portraits taken again. Last time I had his portraits done it was much easier. Lucas wasn't crawling so the biggest obstacle was making him smile (which really isn't that hard). The photographer had a hard time taking pictures because Lucas was on the move. He wouldn't sit still and wanted to crawl and grab everything. We did get some nice shots and this time I joined in and we actually got a couple good ones of the two of us. Since I am the one usually taking the photos, we don't have many of mama and son.

Lucas and Maya had a play date this week too. It was fun watching the two interact with each other. Plus it gave Christine and I a break from entertaining the kids. They both took a midday nap and then were raring to go for more. They were both so exhausted after the play date that they slept like rocks at night! That's music to a parents's ears.

I've been busy planning Lucas' first birthday party. It was very difficult deciding who to invite to the festivities. Because it's freezing out, we couldn't have an outdoor party and our house is much to small to accommodate little ones and parents. Steve and I rented a room at the YMCA, but it can only hold so many people. We felt bad we couldn't invite all of our friends, but it just wasn't going to work. Sorry.

One of the biggest obstacles I face, is figuring out how to bring the cake over to the YMCA. It would be much easier if I'd just buy a cake but I really want to make Lucas' first birthday cake. I'm no Martha Stewart so hopefully it turns out ok. Steve, being the MacGyver that he is, designed something for me to bring it in. Let's hope it works! Steve and I are getting to the site an hour earlier to set everything up. Luckily, Sandra is going to bring the birthday boy after he wakes up from his morning nap.

Steve said he was impressed because he thought I would "go overboard." Let me tell you it is real easy to go overboard in stores like IParty. But, I figured balloons are all the decorations we need. All Lucas needs is love for his first birthday. Wish us luck...the party is next weekend!

No comments: