Sunday, January 31, 2010

13 months!



I'm not sure if Lucas is considered a toddler now, but he's 13 months old! Holly is only 13 months younger than I am and I can't fathom how my parents raised two girls that close in age. Lucas is gaining more independence, but he's still very needy. I can't even imagine having a baby born when he is this young. But, people do it and survive. Kudos to them but 13 months is too close for comfort for me.

Lucas' new thing is to climb into laundry baskets (preferably full of clothes) and hang out. I attached some pictures of him just chillin' drinking his bottle in a basket. It's funny to watch but slightly annoying when he throws the folded clothes onto the floor. He can also reach doorknobs now. I can see him getting frustrated trying to figure out how to use it. It won't be long before he's getting into rooms and destroying everything. I guess Steve and I have to work on baby proofing doors next. We'll put it on the never ending list....

Steve and I had a date night last weekend! It was nice to relax and not worry about diapers, naps, and feeding schedules. We're getting spoiled because we also got to go out this Saturday! Steve's dad, Matt, Aletta, and baby Olivia came over for dinner. Usually Steve is the cook of the Pevznamian household but I took the reigns on this one. It took me a few hours but the lasagna and meatballs came out great! Well, I think they came out great since no one complained to my face. Once dinner was over, we got to do a few errands and get some drinks. We're going out again next weekend for a party. Steve and I are living the high life!

No comments: