Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a great daddy!


I think Steve was getting a little worried about me since I have been looking ragged around the edges lately (1 to 2 hours of sleep at a time will do that to you). On Saturday he took Lucas to Auntie Sandra's house from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. so I could sleep. He even woke up early did the dishes, washed clothes, sanitized all the bottles and cleaned up the house so I wouldn't do it. What a good husband/dad! Not every guy would think to do that for his wife.

To my surprise I didn't sleep as long as I would have liked, but I think my body is so over tired it didn't know what to do. As I was relaxing on the couch I actually starting missing my boys. I hadn't been apart from Lucas longer than an hour or two. When they came home, they were both smiling and Lucas fell asleep in my arms (exhausted Steve fell asleep on the couch).
On another note, Holly sent us a book on healthy sleeping habits for babies and a DVD on baby language. This DVD details different baby cries, what the cries mean, and solutions to stop that particular crying. We were both skeptical at first but that skepticism quickly faded. I took notes as we watched it twice. As soon as Lucas starting to cry, I ran over to my notes while Steve listened intently to the cry. We'd look at each other and say "that's a hungry cry" or "that's a gassy cry." We have practiced the suggestions on the dvd, and it worked!

I learned a couple things today:
1. Not every parenting book, dvd or advice will work but if something works, it was well worth it.
2. Most of my kid's cries are for gas. I learned we have a gassy kid.

No comments: