Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Us, giving parenting tips?


We've survived a month of parenthood! All in all I think we are doing pretty well. Since I am breastfeeding, I feed the baby at night and Steve usually changes diapers. I have to admit there have been times while lying in bed at 3 a.m. listening to Lucas cry where I mumble to Steve that he probably has a dirty diaper and Steve mumbles back that he is probably hungry. We laugh and one of us drags our exhausted body to get our son. Steve made a comment during one of those early mornings that made me chuckle. Steve stammered out of bed to change the baby and turns to me and says "Now, I know why some species eat their young." He was kidding of course!

On Sunday, our friends who are expecting their first child in March came over for a visit. The funny/ironic part of the visit was they were asking us questions about parenting. They wanted to know about feedings, sleep habits (of child and parents), bathing, etc. Steve and I were looking at each other thinking that we really don't know what we're doing, but we'll try to help out. As we thought about it, we agreed that we have learned a lot this past month and things are getting easier. Maybe we'll write a parenting book...yeah right.
I thought this picture of Lucas staring at me was pretty funny. Check out his hair! We just gave him a bath and hadn't combed it yet. Geesh, I may have to give him a haircut soon before he grows a mullet.

No comments: