Monday, August 18, 2008

Second Ultrasound


Steve took a day off from work to come with me to the second ultrasound appointment. I had told Steve even before I became pregnant that I didn't want to find out the sex of the baby. Steve really wanted to find out, but as you read further the baby wants it to be a surprise too.

The poor woman had a hard time getting all of the pictures and had to get her supervisor to help her. The baby had crossed his/her legs and then flipped the legs over the head. They had me on my side and moving a bit to get all the necessary pics. Because of the baby's precarious position they couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl anyway. Oh well Steve you are going to have to wait like the rest of us!

The cutest thing we saw was the baby sucking his/her thumb. I didn't even know baby's do that in gestation.

Remember how I said we picked out a boy's name? Well, we went for a long walk yesterday (5 or so miles) and picked out 2 boy's names and 2 girl's names. We are going to wait to meet the baby and then pick the appropriate name. I'm happy I can cross off this task off my list!

No comments: