Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hospital Visit and Demo

The day after I posted last, Steve brought Lucas to the doctors. The poor thing just couldn't keep anything down and was sleeping a lot. The doc weighed him and found he lost 10% of his body weight so he had to be admitted to the hospital. Lucas was a trooper with the IV and being poked and prodded. They only allow one parent to stay overnight so Lucas and I shared a hospital bed. The poor thing had an IV in one arm and his 6 month pregnant mother on the other side. Luckily the medicine kicked in and we were discharged the next day. Of course, I knew he was feeling better once he smiled at me and dumped his Cheerios all over the floor and then turned on the shower and sprayed the entire bathroom. I hope the next time I am in the hospital is to deliver baby number 2! So, we got discharged on Saturday but couldn't stay at our house. We are putting in a third bedroom and remodeling our bathroom. Steve and his buddies were there demolishing most of the house. All I wanted to do was take a shower (we had no bathroom) and take a nap (there was too much noise). Luckily our friends, Donna and Joe took us in for the night.

Lucas has bounced back quite quickly and loves the house. He keeps asking "What happened?" and then asks "broken?" I just say we are fixing the house so it looks nice and it is OK if things are broken. I'll post pictures soon of the remodeling work but it is coming along great.
http://www.expectnet.com/games/Pevznamianbaby2

No comments: