Saturday, October 3, 2009

9 month check up





Steve took Lucas to get his 9 month check up last week. Although we sat Lucas on a scale when we went apple picking, we weren't sure how accurate the reading was considering it was meant for apples and not babies. So we were curious to see how much the doctor would tell us Lucas weighs at 9 months. He weighs 22 pounds 9 ounces and is 29 1/4 inches long! It's hard to believe but his weight is actually evening out or that he was born at only 6 pounds. The doctor didn't seem concerned with his weight, but Steve and I are concerned for our grocery bills in a few years! Lucas got a clean bill of health and the doc said he was doing great. He didn't even cry when he got his flu shot.

We can't really keep our eyes of Lucas for a second. Not because he is so stunningly beautiful but because he scoots really fast. He moves his gate and scoots out. The other day I put him in his play area and he ended up on the other side of it. Not good.

Steve thinks I'm nuts, but Lucas already has his Halloween costume. I had him try it on last week to make sure it fits and he looked adorable. I can't wait for the big day so he can show off his monkey costume (and I can get candy).

Julie and Liam visited us on Sunday. I felt bad for them because they had to wait 2 hours before Lucas got up from his nap. Lucas was so exhausted from his swim class that he slept a lot longer than usual. Steve said Lucas was kicking and moving all around the pool. The poor thing was actually falling asleep while eating lunch. Lucas never falls asleep when food is around so I knew he must have been tired. Steve and I also got a little foreshadowing into our future. Liam wanted to wrestle and play soccer with Steve. I can just picture Lucas asking the same thing in a few years.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I really need to see the now very mobile Lucas!