Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

Sydney celebrated her first Thanksgiving with her family in Agawam. I have to admit it was quite fun dressing her in a cute dress, tights, and hair clip. I told Steve I had been waiting my whole life for it! Lucas had a blast destroying my dad's house and playing with his partners in crime, Theo and Eli.

I finally couldn't take waking up every two hours with Sydney so I tried sleep training a few weeks ago. For those of you who are lucky enough not to know about sleep training, it is basically a few days of hell while the baby cries at night. However, the outcome is fantastic because the baby learns how to soothe herself at night and therefore sleeps longer. It took Sydney a few days but now she is doing great. She goes into her crib at 7 and wakes up around 4 for a feeding and then gets up around 6. You may not think waking up at 4 is fantastic but compared to waking up every 2 hours, I'll take it.

Lucas has been continuing his mischievous ways. Steve had to put a lock on the snack cabinet after I found him eating a sleeve of Fig Newtons. A few nights later while I walked out of the baby's room I found Lucas eating a bag of frozen peaches. He had opened the freezer, crawled on a chair, grabbed scissors on the top shelf of our desk, and cut open the bag of peaches. I'm not quite sure if I should feel proud or annoyed.
















;

No comments: