Saturday, August 2, 2008

Trip to Monterey and Carmel, California


We had a great time in California. We did tons of great stuff: visited Monterey Bay Aquarium, drove the 17-mile coast, Steve went scuba diving, rented a surrey (4 person bike), relaxed on Carmel beach, hiked Point Lobos State Reserve and went to an animal training center (they train animals for tv and movies) called "Wild Things." The highlight of the trip had to be when we drove to Santa Cruz to check out their famous boardwalk. When we got there we heard that..drum roll please....Sha Na Na was performing. Of course, we had to check it out. It was hilarious watching 50 and 60 somethings rocking out to the oldies. I think the baby even liked the 2nd concert of the summer. Then Steve and I had this conversation:
Me: Do you think this is going to be me in 20 years watching Poison at the Big E or something?

Steve: Yep, and the kids are I are going to be hiding and laughing at you.

Me: You're probably right.
I hope I'm still going to concerts in 20 years and I hope the kids have the same musical taste as I do. That would be awesome!

No comments: